How To Create A Google Plus Business Page
Posted on 2014-03-09
As a business owner, you want to be seen, you want your site to easily be found, and you want visitors to notice you for the product or service you sell. Creating a Google Plus Business page will help your business achieve all of these.
But first of all...
Why Google Plus?
First and foremost, Google is the leading search engine and for many websites is ultimately the largest traffic source! And by expanding your presence within this giant you’ll be able to more easily spread brand awareness and create new traffic streams to your website.
If you’re a local business, then setting up a Google Plus business page is of the utmost importance! You get all of the features of a regular Google Plus page – create and manage circles, start and join hangouts – plus, in the search results your business listing will feature a map of your business’s location, its address, phone number and hours of operation. These added features will help your business stand out from the competition.
And as mentioned above, you can start face to face conversations on Google Hangouts, create Circles to easily connect with existing and prospective customers and with +1 buttons you can help people find your business easily, or find a product/service they are looking for.
How to set up your Google Plus Business Page
- Visit https://plus.google.com/pages/create (If you don’t already have a Google account, you will be asked to create one)
- The first thing you do is select the category. There are 5 options:
- Local business/ place
- Product/ brand
- Company, organization, or institution
- Art, sports, or entertainment
After choosing the category that best fits your business, follow the prompt and click “Next”.
- Now, fill in the “Name” field (typically your business name), link to your website, select who your content is appropriate for, then check the checkbox to agree to the terms and click “Continue”.
- You can now personalize your new Google Plus Business page! Add photos or taglines, edit page information and content, add photo strips, and pretty much anything else to make it your own. The more personalized the page, the easier it is to rank for SEO purposes, under certain key word or phrase searches.
- Once your site is up and running, you can upload photos, social media contacts, add team members, add circles, create VIPs for your favorite customers, and so forth. You can also link your Google Plus page to your company website, to bring in more traffic, and to generate more leads and possible customers to your site. Regardless of the type of business you run, adding Google Plus to your business page, is an easy way to make your site more visible, interact with customers, and create content that is easily and readily available, to any and everyone who wants to see it.
Tips For Your Google Plus Business Page
Once your Google Plus Business page is setup, don’t just forget about it! Here are a few tips to get the most out of your new page :
- Getting your customers to leave reviews on your Google plus page is a great way to build trust with prospective clients and may even help your site in the search engines. But, how do you get your average customer to leave a review? What if they don’t know how to leave a review? Show them, that’s how! Download this handy little template, save it as a Word document, change the text in red to reflect your business and save as pdf. Then, simply upload it to your website and if applicable display it in your store to easily guide clients to leave a review on your Google Plus page!
- Add photos, videos, blog posts and any other content you can to your new page. Don’t over-do it with promotional and hard selling content, but rather engage your audience by asking questions and providing informative content.
- Ask your staff to share your Google Plus pages content to help further spread the word and brand.
- Link to your social media pages, your business site, and any other blog or sites you have already set up for your business.
- I know we already touched on this, but it’s worth repeating! Be sure to add contact information; email, number, address, and any other information that will allow locals and online customers to find you.
Due to the fact that Google is the most used search engine on the web, it’s important that your business utilizes it to it’s fullest potential. By connecting to Google Plus, you can help spread brand awareness and ultimately help the right customers find you more easily on the web.